Learn how to avoid being left in the shadows and try these tips for getting good publicity for your business.
Publicity, not to be confused with advertising, is something that can give your business's image a boost and put your name in the spotlight. They say that there is no such thing as bad publicity, but how do you get it in the first place?
1. Create a press release. First thing's first, if your business is so new that no one knows your name, let them know. Press releases and press kits full of samples of your work and other information can be sent to various forms of media to be seen by vastly large audiences.
2. Embrace the media. If and when news gets out about your company, you may receive inquiries and more questions. This is good. If a reporter happens to call looking for a story, make sure you take the time to speak with them. Never say no to free publicity.
3. Get involved locally. See if there are any charity drives or school activities in your area that you can donate to. Sponsor a little league team or volunteer as a company to get your name out there in a positive way.
4. Know your social media. Be savvy about online platforms and know which ones you should be on and which ones to avoid so that you're not wasting your time. Get more involved on the social media pages that your customers use.
5. Do some pre-planning. Think ahead and set up Google alerts that will track what is being said about your business online. Manage any negative feedback by providing good customer service.
How to Use PR to Gain Attention