WHO WE ARE
As a professional chapter of the American Marketing Association and a trusted ally in its nationwide network, AMA Tampa Bay stands strong in its mission to provide opportunities for Tampa Bay marketers to expand their knowledge, improve their skills, and grow in their careers through access to leaders in the field and skill-building content. Our vision is to be the most valued marketing association membership in Tampa Bay.
Our culture is special in that it is common for us to question "the way things have always been done," and our creative ideas are always accompanied by practical solutions. The unique combination of scholarly study and managerial application can only be found in the AMA culture.
WHAT WE OFFER
- We invite local and regional industry leaders to guide transforming presentations in the areas of productivity, design, innovation, and more.
- Learn from C-level marketing influencers as they deliver thought-leading content with real-world application across intimate roundtables, full-day conferences, and convenient online webinars.
- Learn the necessary tools to thrive in the ever-changing B2B & B2C landscapes.
- Engage, connect, and establish relationships with hundreds of marketers across all disciplines, industries, and career levels throughout Tampa Bay.
- Find business partners or mentors with innovative and thought-provoking perspectives.
- Get real one-on-one dialogue and share ideas among some of the brightest creative minds in and around Tampa Bay.
- Get inspired and motivated through the abundance of exclusive opportunities available with AMA Tampa Bay. Visit our career center to see the latest marketing jobs available in Tampa Bay.
- Build out your resume and gain rewarding hands-on experience as a volunteer in our local chapter. Learn more about volunteer opportunities at AMA Tampa Bay.
- Share thought leadership or leverage a variety of career insights by visiting the AMA Tampa Bay blog.
AMA TAMPA BAY BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Justine Burke, President
Justine has more than 30 years’ experience in marketing strategy and brand development.
She is the Vice President of Marketing - Metropolitan Ministries, where her primary responsibility is to ensure a consistent and compelling brand experience for constituents from initial interest throughout their lifetime to drive revenue, volunteerism, engagement, and advocacy.
Hussain Shamseddine, President Elect
Hussain Shamseddine is the Digital Marketing Manager at the Tampa Bay Economic Development Council and Make It Tampa Bay. He is responsible for the creation and implementation of new web and social media campaigns.
Previously, Shamseddine was one of 10 individuals selected nationwide by the Newspaper Association of America in Washington, D.C., where he completed a Digital Media Fellowship.
Nate Vigil, Secretary
Nate Vigil is the Digital Marketing Team Lead for J.S. Held where he leads all aspects of digital strategy and marketing for the firm.
For the last 15 years, Nate has led online marketing programs in web design, web development, search engine optimization (SEO), pay-per-click advertising, online marketing campaigns, and social media marketing strategy.
Nate is passionate about driving growth in the digital space with an emphasis on obsessing over the user experience.
Gary Beemer, VP of Collegiate
Gary Beemer is a Lecturer of Marketing at The University of Tampa Sykes College of Business.
Prior to teaching, he was an entrepreneur and business owner, and then an intrapreneur in Sales and Marketing Management for nearly 25 years at Mars Inc. where he worked on brands such as Snickers®, M&M’s®, Starburst®, Combos® and others.
Alfred Goldberg, VP of Technology
Alfred Goldberg is the President of Absolute Marketing Solutions in Tampa, Florida. A professional marketer and former college instructor, Alfred has held numerous leadership roles with Tampa Bay technology and creative organizations including Tampa Bay Wave, AIGA Tampa Bay, Tampa Sister Cities, and Leadership Connect Florida.
Alfred has over a quarter of a century of experience in strategic marketing and has worked with brands such as Bayer, Tyson Foods, and KarftMaid. Alfred is a frequent public speaker who has presented as far away as Argentina and to crowds as large as 500.
David Capece, VP of Programming
David Capece, CEO - David Capece is CEO of Sparxoo, and INC 5000 digital agency headquartered in Tampa Bay. David has more than 20 years of strategic marketing and brand experience, including leadership at ESPN and Interbrand. David has led branding and strategy projects with Dr. Pepper, Snapple, JP Morgan Chase,
The Cosmopolitan Las Vegas, Habitat for Humanity, Comcast and NBC. David holds an MBA in Marketing and Finance from Wharton Business School and a BA from Johns Hopkins University. He has also served as an Adjunct Marketing Professor at the University of Tampa.