Once a quarter, AMA Tampa Bay recognizes one volunteer who stands out from the others, and for the first quarter of 2013 this volunteer is Vanessa Oatman from our Programming Committee.
Here’s a little about Vanessa:
- After 17 years in the insurance industry, Vanessa’s passion for marketing was the driving force that led her to recently earn her Marketing degree from the University of Tampa.
- While at UT, she became a member of AMA, immediately rolled up her sleeves and took the reigns as the Director of Chapter Luncheons in August of 2012 … and she’s been a real whirlwind ever since!
- Not only does she handle all our behind-the-scenes program logistics, she also volunteers her time with our Collegiate Relations SIG and our Healthcare SIG – so she’s the one handling check-ins and name badges at 7 a.m. … and she does it with a smile!
- Vanessa is currently the Chief Marketing Evolutionary and Owner of EVOZ Marketing & Consulting.
- When asked what she likes most about volunteering for AMA, Vanessa shared, “Learning. I love the level of knowledge and expertise that is provided during every luncheon. Not only do I get to network with great people but I also get to learn from them. Having that opportunity is priceless.”
Thank you, Vanessa, for your dedication to AMA Tampa Bay!