Volunteering with AMA Tampa Bay could be your key to professional development!
Enhance your career, have fun, and build valuable connections at the same time? It sounds too good to be true, but it's not! When you choose to volunteer with the American Marketing Association, you get back more than you put in.
“Volunteering is an excellent way to hear about local jobs first, build your personal brand, enhance leadership skills and stay on top of the latest marketing trends – all while getting to know the most influential marketers in Tampa Bay,” said Todd Rogers, VP-Volunteers Elect. “Anyone interested is just a phone call away from joining one of the best AMA volunteer teams in the nation.”
The AMA benefits from your commitment and service, while you learn new skills, enhance your resume, and gain the opportunity to network with great people. Plus, you could earn the coveted title of Volunteer of the Quarter, or even Volunteer of the Year!
Ready to find out more? Please review our featured volunteer opportunities to find the perfect fit for you:
- Membership Directory Coordinator – Maintains and updates online AMA Tampa Bay membership directory and roster. Flexible schedule, 5 hours per month.
- Guest Hosts – Welcome and introduce guests to AMA Tampa Bay members at events. Assists in membership application completion. Required attendance at monthly events on a rotating schedule with other Guest Hosts.
- Mentor – Provide assistance to new members acclimating to AMA Tampa Bay; ensure they feel welcome in the organization and are made aware of the many member benefits. Flexible schedule.
Director of Special Events – Oversees all aspects of special events (such as award ceremonies, SIG development, networking events) for the Chapter. This position is NOT responsible for monthly luncheons.
Event Registrars – Works registration desk, greets, and assists in setup/breakdown at monthly events. Required attendance at monthly events on a rotating schedule.
- Event Logistics Coordinator – Works with Director of Chapter Luncheons and Director of Special Events to select venues; ensures all venue details are finalized; and responsible for name badges.
- Video Marketing Manager – Coordinates all video communications.
- Director Public/Media Relations – Coordinates all publicity/media for AMA events/activities, including press releases.
Print Media Manager – Develops and manages ongoing print media and direct mail campaigns.
- Website Manager – Coordinates all website communications.
Creative Manager – Coordinates all graphics, logos, brochures in support of the Chapter website, emails, etc.
- Mentor Recruiter – Recruits mentor from AMA chapter membership to mentor an assigned student for one semester. (goal: 5-8 mentors)
- Scrambull/Fundraiser Support – Assists with marketing of the USF annual Scrambull Fundraiser; assists with development of other collegiate chapter fundraisers.
Speaker’s Bureau Coordinator – Assists with coordination of speakers for student Chapters (usually pulling from Chapter membership).
Are you ready to make the commitment to enhance your career through professional development? Contact Jennie Jordan [email protected] 727-234-5160 to learn more about volunteer opportunities!