Don’t Delay…Submit Today! Deadline is January 27!
Almost a week until the application deadline. Not sure how to start? The Marketer of the Year (MOY) application process is simple and 100% online. It’s about the work and the results, not how fancy your application looks. Here’s some advice from a guy who knows how to win. Bruce Downing prepared his company’s 10 award winning entries for the Pittsburgh AMA Marketer of the Year awards.
“Think. Can you make a statement of results that will stop a judge, for example: ‘We took a 30 year old company and doubled its size in one year.’ Of course you’ll need tangible result metrics to support this.” Bruce Downing, VP-Odato Marketing Group.
Your entry must answer the following 5 judging criteria questions:
1. Business Problem /Opportunity-What was the basic problem to be solved or situation to be addressed by the marketing program? Highlight internal and external constraints.
2. Objectives-What objectives were established to solve the problem or address the situation? Judges will assess points based on whether the objectives are sound, clear and measurable.
3. Strategy-What was the strategy for achieving the objectives? Judges will assess points based on how well the strategy is defined, and how well it resolves the problem or situation being faced by the organization. Judges will also examine the organization’s selection of target market(s) and message positioning.
4. Tactics-What individual tasks and/or promotional tools were used, e.g., web, digital and social media, traditional media-print, radio, television, outdoor or direct mail, public relations, etc.? Judges will assess points based on how well the tactics are defined and integrated and how appropriate the tactics relate to the strategy.
5. Results-What were the results of this effort? Judges will score this section based on how effective the entry was in achieving the stated objectives and producing the results that solved the problem or addressed the situation. Because marketing is about results, this criterion will be weighted more heavily than the others. Therefore, a thorough description of the results is especially important to the overall score.
4 EASY STEPS TO ENTER:
- Answer Judging Criteria Questions above
- Fill-out electronic submissions form Marketer of the Year Application
- Upload supporting materials
- Make payment for each entry via PayPal:
AMA Member rate = $50 per entry
Non-Member rate = $100 per entry
Sounds pretty easy, right? So what are you waiting for? Don’t miss out on the opportunity to be recognized as an award-winning creative team. Just think how recognition from the Tampa marketing community will enhance your company and personal brand!
Do it Today! Submit your marketing campaigns from 2015. Marketer of the Year Application. All entries must be submitted by January 27, 2016.
The Marketer of the Year awards ceremony is March 23, 2016. There are many sponsorships still available that provide the opportunity to showcase your company!
Please share this link on social media with friends and colleagues at agencies and brands — and be sure to use hashtag #MOYTampaBay. When you share using this hashtag by Jan 27, you’ll be entered into a drawing for AMA’s 2-day workshop, Influencer Marketing, coming to Tampa on Feb. 10 & 11.
For more information on Marketer of the Year, please contact Kristin Whitaker[email protected]. For information on sponsorship opportunities, please contact: Brenda McGowan [email protected].